- A short, high-pitched sound emitted by electronic equipment or a vehicle horn.More example sentences
- Someone was beeping a car horn, long and short beeps that sounded like Morse code.
- Sorry I couldn't come to the phone right now, but leave your name number and a short message after the beep and I'll holler right back atcha!
- The sound of an electronic beep, over and over again, echoing my heartbeats.
verb[no object] Back to top
- 1(Of a horn or electronic device) produce a short, high-pitched sound: radio receivers squawked and beepedMore example sentences
- I groan when one of the devices starts beeping or ringing or humming in a darkened theater.
- Different mechanical devices beeped and whirred on tables and panels.
- The car horn beeped, signaling that my father was getting extremely impatient.
- 1.1 [with object] chiefly North American Summon (someone) by means of a pager: they have themselves beeped in restaurantsMore example sentences
- His Palm now beeps him to take the drug, as well as his vitamins.
- This could be one of his juiciest scoops in months, and it was all Jared could do to stop himself from beeping Todd again.
- She was asleep at the hotel when I beeped her, but she admitted that she would do anything to get away from Alex.
More definitions of beepDefinition of beep in:
- The British & World English dictionary