(also informal beer gut)
Definition of beer belly in English:
A man’s fat stomach, caused by excessive consumption of beer.
- Davefish, known for his excessive beer belly and loud obnoxious manner.
- The man pulled away from Devin and slumped down in an awkward pose, shifting his hooded sweatshirt to cover his paunchy beer belly.
- A lean build was slowly disappearing behind the beer belly on his stomach.
- Example sentences
- If you're missing one of two beer-bellied drunkards that had a big night at Banbury Cross in Northriding last night, worry no more.
- There across the room, just past the beer-bellied former jocks and the rich former nerds, I spied a poised, graceful woman with flowing red hair and laughing green eyes.
- Three young ladies who looked less than pleased to be talking to two middle-aged, beer-bellied sailors, but their good manners keeping them where they stood.
Definition of beer belly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.