verb[with object] (usually as adjective befuddled)
Make (someone) unable to think clearly: he has an air of befuddled unworldliness
More example sentences
- Riders overtake traffic, carving in and out of lanes as befuddled drivers bond in confusion with pedestrians.
- I forgot to tell you all this is set in one of my confused and befuddled future settings.
- I was so stunned and momentarily befuddled it never even occurred to me to fire the second barrel.
- More example sentences
- And most times - after a moment or two of befuddlement and confusion - I saw that the computer gizmo was right.
- Unable to comprehend, Amanda stared at Keira in utter astonishment and befuddlement.
- All of these things cause my brain befuddlement, bemusement and general confusion.
Definition of befuddle in:
- The British & World English dictionary