- A unit used in the comparison of power levels in electrical communication or of intensities of sound, corresponding to an intensity ratio of 10 to 1. See also decibel.More example sentences
- The drives are rated at under 2.5 bels of acoustic power, the same level of acoustic noise produced by Seagate's PC drives.
- Select a heat pump with an outdoor sound rating of 7.6 bels or lower.
- The present invention is a computer chassis assembly that can adequately cool an electronic system which generates 450 watts of heat, without emitting cooling fan noise above 5 bels of sound power.
1920s: from the name of Alexander Graham Bell (see Bell, Alexander Graham).
More definitions of BelDefinition of bel in:
- The British & World English dictionary