Demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight: a group of bellicose patriots
More example sentences
- Yet it is also a fact that the Administration has quietly backed down from a number of its most bellicose threats.
- The fans also have their say and again the attitudes are conversational rather than bellicose and confrontational.
- At the end of the 19th century, people were full of hope and expectations of a more peaceful, more contented, less bellicose world.
late Middle English: from Latin bellicosus, from bellicus 'warlike', from bellum 'war'.
- More example sentences
- So far, all the running for a ‘regime change’, as it is delicately known, has come from the president and his main security advisers, but for all their bellicosity they cannot declare war unilaterally.
- It seems like we're all taken with wealth and bellicosity on some fundamental level.
- And we in turn have resorted to bellicosity at a level that may or may not be justified.