(also belligerency /-ənsē/)
- Aggressive or warlike behavior: the reaction ranged from wild enthusiasm to outright belligerenceMore example sentences
- He isn't an ideological pacifist, he just doesn't get the point of aggression and belligerence.
- While real physical aggression is relatively rare, verbal aggression or belligerence is relatively common.
- So, to all readers, as well as those I've written about - let me apologize for the displays of pride, pettiness, slander, belligerency, cruelty, and offensiveness - be they intentional or not.
More definitions of belligerenceDefinition of belligerence in:
- The British & World English dictionary