- A crash-landing of an aircraft on the underside of the fuselage, without lowering the undercarriage.More example sentences
- The pilot executed a safe belly landing and the aircraft was simply abandoned - remaining in a remarkable state of preservation until salvaged by the Russians.
- Among these problems was an embarrassing belly landing when the pilots simply forgot to lower the landing gear!
- The aircraft, N940AK, had been badly damaged in a belly landing on 5 November 1995 in New York and to date the company has received the wings for the plane.
More definitions of belly landingDefinition of belly landing in:
- The British & World English dictionary