Definition of belting in English:
1Belts collectively, or material for belts: a small piece of plastic belting
More example sentences
- In mitigation the person representing the company which employs about 35 people, said about 95 per cent of the company's work now involves light, plastic belting, rather than leather.
- This beginning was a highly personal, yet formal ceremony in which Funakoshi is said to have handed out lengths of black belting to his pupils.
- I'm not sure from your question if you are planning to tie the belt, or use a buckle; if the former, I recommend avoiding the belting, as this will make it very difficult to tie.
2A beating, especially with a belt, as a punishment.
- The campaign is a learning process and, as any schoolboy once knew, that tends to include a couple of beltings.
- After a public belting in the street, Effie dragged him back to the shop by his ear, forcing him to apologise to the shopkeeper and replace the lot.
- But most of all, we are still nothing like as preoccupied with appearance as the French, and in this country, a good father would no more criticise how his daughter looked than give her a belting.
Definition of belting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia