- A broad diagonal stripe from top right to bottom left of a shield (a supposed sign of bastardy).More example sentences
- Having the shield set per bend sinister means there's a bastard somewhere back up the line.
- The other problem, of course, is placing a blue bend sinister on a field divided half blue and half yellow.
- The diminutives of the bend sinister are the scarp, which is half its width; and the baton, half as wide as the scarp and couped.
More definitions of bend sinisterDefinition of bend sinister in:
- The British & World English dictionary