Definition of bender in English:
1 [usually in combination] An object or person that bends something else: a fender bender
More example sentences
- Thus, field soldiers and civilian metal and electron benders were in the driver's seat - they could literally build their own division to meet General Meyer's concept and his timelines.
- There are department-store tents of amateur watercolourists, amateur kiddie crocheters, flower dryers, mud turners, cancerous candle makers, rag-doll knotters and metal benders.
- Working with English metal benders, the professor of experimental physics at Birkbeck College, University of London, has devised extensive methods of guarding against conscious or unconscious fraud.
2A wild drinking spree.
- This could be because of a weekend drinking bender, or it's more likely because the story is tremendously forgettable.
- However, I had been on a hard drinking bender for the whole weekend.
- I guess this gives me a shoddy excuse to embark on a weeklong bender of hard drinking, dire self-examination and monstrous self-pity.
Words that rhyme with benderaddenda, agenda, amender, ascender, attender, blender, Brenda, contender, corrigenda, descender, engender, extender, fazenda, fender, gender, Glenda, Gwenda, hacienda, Länder, lender, mender, offender, pudenda, recommender, referenda, render, sender, slender, spender, splendour (US splendor), surrender, suspender, tender, Venda, weekender, Wenda
Definition of bender in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan