Definition of benzaldehyde in English:
A colorless liquid aldehyde with the odor of bitter almonds, used in the manufacture of dyes and perfumes.
- Chemical formula: C6H5CHO
- In 1933, while researching the effects of high pressure on chemical reactants, a fellow scientist managed to produce a waxy solid from ethylene and benzaldehyde.
- It is thought that the distinguishing volatile compounds include the volatile phenols, benzaldehyde, vinylbenzene, ethyl cinnamate, ethyl vanillate, and methyl vanillate.
- This herb contains amygdalin which hydrolizes into benzaldehyde and hydrocyanic acid.
Definition of benzaldehyde in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan