Definition of benzoic acid in English:
A white crystalline substance present in benzoin and other plant resins, and used as a food preservative.
- Chemical formula: C6H5COOH
- Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.
- In a second method, toluene is mixed with nitric acid and oxidized to produce benzoic acid.
- The most commonly found preservatives in the food samples were benzoic acid and sorbic acid.
Definition of benzoic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan