- A yellow crystalline compound related to benzene but having two hydrogen atoms replaced by oxygen.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H4O2; there are two isomers, with the oxygen atoms on opposite ( 1,4-benzoquinone) or adjacent ( 1,2-benzoquinone) carbon atoms
- The chemical compound quinone, or 1,4 - benzoquinone, is a unicyclic, or ring phenolic compound.
- In all experiments the algae were treated with benzoquinone, to inhibit metabolic activity in the chloroplast and to maintain an oxidized plastoquinone pool.
- The solution of benzoquinone is prepared immediately before the demonstration (the solution decomposes in hours).
More definitions of benzoquinoneDefinition of benzoquinone in:
- The British & World English dictionary