Definition of berberis in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the barberries.
- Genus Berberis, family Berberidaceae
- This is cheap and easy to do with specimens such as berberis, buddleia, cornus, kerria, philadelphus, spirea and willow.
- Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include Mahonia x media, berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, Sedum spectabile, wild geranium and Arum italicum.
- Plant berry-bearing plants in your garden, such as hawthorn, rowan, holly, cotoneaster and berberis.
Words that rhyme with berberisarbitress • anchoress
Definition of berberis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.