Definition of berberis in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the barberries.
- Genus Berberis, family Berberidaceae
- This is cheap and easy to do with specimens such as berberis, buddleia, cornus, kerria, philadelphus, spirea and willow.
- Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include Mahonia x media, berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, Sedum spectabile, wild geranium and Arum italicum.
- Plant berry-bearing plants in your garden, such as hawthorn, rowan, holly, cotoneaster and berberis.
Words that rhyme with berberisarbitress • anchoress
Definition of berberis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan