- In addition to; apart from: I have no other family besides my parents besides being a player, he was my friendMore example sentences
- What more could a woman want besides the perfect family and the perfect home?
- Do people besides your family and your close circle of friends like these songs?
- What do they have, being so far away from home and their families, besides my support?
adverbBack to top
- 1In addition; as well: I’m capable of doing the work, and a lot more besidesMore example sentences
- He is the best finisher in England and a lot more besides.
- The ground floor is a warren of rooms crammed with every kind of device you ever saw in an ironmonger's, and quite a lot more besides.
- It is all glam by comparison, a busy street, four lanes wide with a lot of the local amenities and lots more besides.
- 1.1Moreover; anyway: I had no time to warn you. Besides, I wasn’t sureMore example sentences
- She had got used to the idea, and besides, death was very much like life, only without the worries.
- I cannot afford black market fuel and besides, I have no idea where to get it!
- Furthermore, besides food intake, other factors can also affect stool size.
See beside (usage).