verb[with object] • literary
- Sprinkle all over with small drops or amounts of a substance: their lips were besprinkled with flakes of pastryMore example sentences
- His vesture was dabbled in blood - and his broad brow, with all the features of the face, was besprinkled with the scarlet horror.
- He staggered against the rock, and felt it chill and damp; while a hanging twig, that had been all on fire, besprinkled his cheek with the coldest dew.
- The very inclusions of the various accusations of Witchcraft, which besprinkle the book, are seemingly against the scientific mindset of the times.
More definitions of besprinkleDefinition of besprinkle in:
- The British & World English dictionary