1A holy place.
- Without Iraq, he would right now be growing a beard in Crawford happily forgotten, and the evangelicals would be packing up their pitchforks and bemoaning their fates in their little bethels in the mid-west.
- What you criticize about the Moslems, sir, is no different than what happens in thousands of little bethels across the USA, as the fundamentalist start feeling their oats, what with their grand mufti in the White House.
- Want contact information for the Bethel nearest to you?
2A chapel for seamen.
- The Baptists, Episcopalians, Methodists, and Presbyterians have each a seamen's Bethel,
- The Seamen's Bethel is a chapel in New Bedford, Massachusetts, located at 15 Johnny Cake Hill.
- He became a missionary in charge of the new Seamen's Bethel, which opened on North Square in 1833.
3British A Nonconformist chapel.
- It is my understanding that the reason is that the bethels cannot meet in the lodges until there is a child protection policy in place for the organization.
- Grand Bethel members are Job's Daughters from Indiana bethels, all whom have served or have been elected to serve as Honored Queen of their Bethel.
- The nonconformist Bethel and Seion chapels had originally entered into association with the Welsh Presbyterian Union of the United States, but they joined the United Church of Canada in 1933 and after 1936 Welsh services ceased.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.