- A Theravada Buddhist monk.More example sentences
- He understands that laypeople can practise the Dhamma, but he, as a bhikkhu, has many tasks to do which make it difficult to practise.
- At the same time, we should keep an eye open for capable bhikkhus enrolled in these programmes who display the qualities needed to propagate the Dhamma in the West.
- One bhikkhu recounted how one day he was following a line of practitioners of various Buddhist traditions and noticed a lady was handing items to everyone.
More definitions of bhikkhuDefinition of bhikkhu in:
- The British & World English dictionary