- A person who buys and sells books, especially rare ones.More example sentences
- The new editor, starting with the Summer, 1991 issue, was Mr Davis, the noted bibliopole then located in New Jersey.
- But the city does have a few bibliopoles or sellers of rare second-hand books.
- ‘They are in the market,’ grumbled one bibliopole, as agents for wealthy clients pushed prices to new highs.
late 18th century: via Latin from Greek bibliopōlēs, from biblion 'book' + pōlēs 'seller'.
More definitions of bibliopoleDefinition of bibliopole in:
- The British & World English dictionary