- 1A salt containing the anion HCO3-.More example sentences
- Over the last century, antacids were developed based on the hydroxides and carbonates of the group II and III metals, as well as the bicarbonates of the alkali metals.
- Brewers concentrate primarily on the levels of calcium, magnesium, sulfate, sodium, chloride, bicarbonates, and nitrates in their brewing liquor.
- During chemical weathering atmospheric carbon dioxide reacts with rock-forming silicate minerals to produce bicarbonates, which are washed into the oceans where they eventually form carbonate rocks.
- 1.1 (also bicarbonate of soda) Sodium bicarbonate.More example sentences
- The daily requirement of sodium could be got by eating salt (sodium chloride), bicarbonate of soda (sodium hydrogen carbonate), or monosodium glutamate.
- Add mashed bananas and combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and fold into butter and egg mixture.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor with a pinch of salt.
More definitions of bicarbonateDefinition of bicarbonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary