Definition of bicolor in English:
Having two colors: a male bicolor damselfish
More example sentences
- Dorsey's study focuses on bicolor damselfish populations and reproductive success at two different kinds of coral reef habitats in the Caribbean - a near-shore fringing reef on Barbados and a deep offshore reef in Grenada.
- Dorsey chose to work with the bicolor damselfish because they are not considered a threatened or endangered species.
- The colors cover the spectrum and there are solid as well as bicolor types.
nounBack to top
A bicolor blossom or animal.
- This was observed when two wallaby species, Macropus eugenii and Wallabia bicolor, were crossed.
- Ragdolls occur in colorpoint, bicolor and mitted patterns.
- In Sorghum bicolor, two cytochrome p450 enzymes mediate the biosynthesis of the cyanogenic glucoside dhurrin.
bicolored adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Many cultivars have bicolored petals and a striking yellow center.
- Fabulous bright colors of red, pink, white, and purple, along with many bicolored varieties are some popular color choices of gardeners.
- She looked up and saw Mephisto, wise old Mephisto, watching her with patience in his bicoloured eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan