- Having two cusps or points.More example sentences
- The overwhelming cause of aortic valve disease in Europe is calcific degenerative disease, and about 2% of the population have congenitally bicuspid aortic valves.
- A score of 2 was given to fully bicuspid dentition, while a score of 3 was given to fully tricuspid dentition, with even cusp heights.
- Causes of dissection include hypertension, Marfan's syndrome, trauma, Ehler's Danlos, coarctation, bicuspid aortic valve and relapsing polychondritis.
nounBack to top
- A tooth with two cusps, especially a human premolar tooth.More example sentences
- Behind the canines are the premolars, or bicuspids.
- Each of the four ‘worlds’ has two incisors, one canine, two bicuspids, and three molars.
- I realized that one of his bicuspids was dead, turning the green-gray of dead teeth.
mid 19th century: from bi- 'two' + Latin cuspis, cuspid- 'sharp point'.
More definitions of bicuspidDefinition of bicuspid in:
- The British & World English dictionary