Definition of bicuspid in English:
Having two cusps or points.
- The overwhelming cause of aortic valve disease in Europe is calcific degenerative disease, and about 2% of the population have congenitally bicuspid aortic valves.
- A score of 2 was given to fully bicuspid dentition, while a score of 3 was given to fully tricuspid dentition, with even cusp heights.
- Causes of dissection include hypertension, Marfan's syndrome, trauma, Ehler's Danlos, coarctation, bicuspid aortic valve and relapsing polychondritis.
nounBack to top
A tooth with two cusps, especially a human premolar tooth.
- Behind the canines are the premolars, or bicuspids.
- Each of the four ‘worlds’ has two incisors, one canine, two bicuspids, and three molars.
- I realized that one of his bicuspids was dead, turning the green-gray of dead teeth.
Definition of bicuspid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan