- 1Meekly ready to accept and follow instructions; docile and obedient.More example sentences
- In the days of the former administration, the backbenches and the party were so docile and biddable that they would do anything to support their leader.
- I suppose it's just that cats are less biddable.
- She did seem honest on the matters my partner and I raised (my partner proving a much more sophisticated and less biddable interrogator than me).
- 2 Bridge Strong enough to justify a bid.More example sentences
- Suits are biddable when you hold a length of four cards headed by at least one honour card or you hold five or more cards.
- When a hand contains more than one biddable suit, look ahead to the rebid.
- Overcalls can be made with 8 to 12 points and a biddable suit, perhaps closer to 12 points at the two level, and, if nothing else, calls for the best opening lead.
- More example sentences
- In an older dog, I want to see the potential for biddability and a response to physical directions.
- Some people equate biddability with a dog that is too soft or not able to think on its own.
- Different breeders will breed their dogs for different goals and many unfortunately just don't give temperament, intelligence, calmness or biddability even a passing thought.