noun (plural bienniums or biennia /-ˈenēə/)(usually the biennium)
- A specified period of two years: the budget for the next bienniumMore example sentences
- I will work throughout the biennium to encourage nurses to submit consents to serve for elective and appointed positions.
- The theme for the biennium is Literacy and Gender.
- First of all, the name: At this point, six months into the new biennium, the program remains nameless!
early 20th century: from Latin, from bi- 'twice' + annus 'year'.
More definitions of bienniumDefinition of biennium in:
- The British & World English dictionary