Definition of bifocal in English:
(Usually of a pair of eyeglasses) having lenses each with two parts with different focal lengths, one for distant vision and one for near vision.
- The multiple vision lenses include bifocal lenses for near and distant vision.
- Three different designs for bifocal contact lenses exist: simultaneous, concentric and alternating vision.
- Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.
noun(bifocals) Back to top
A pair of eyeglasses having lenses with two parts with different focal lengths.
- So now, without my bifocals, I can barely read a menu without getting a headache.
- I needed a pair of computer glasses as my bifocals cause me to have to get stiffnecked online looking down on the computer through the reading lenses.
- The doctor looked at me again over his bifocals as he wrote something in his book.
Words that rhyme with bifocalfocal, local, univocal, varifocal, vocal, yokel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan