Definition of bifunctional in English:
1Having two functions.
- Whether the functionally independent mutants are the result of mutations in a single bifunctional gene or two separate genes has not been determined.
- To the best of our knowledge, there are no previous reports of this type of bifunctional photoactivator.
- Rather, the genetic and biochemical analyses suggest that Sun is a bifunctional protein.
2 Chemistry Having two highly reactive binding sites in each molecule: bifunctional enzymes retain stable levels of activity
More example sentences
- Epoxy compounds are highly reactive bifunctional alkylating agents, which may attack and bind covalently to DNA and cause mutagenic events.
- It has been suggested that bifunctional molecules like alcohol can penetrate into the hydrophobic core of lys modifying its structural and dynamic properties.
- The interconversion of the bifunctional enzyme is catalyzed by cAMP-dependent protein kinase, which in turn is regulated by circulating peptide hormones.