Definition of bigeminy in English:
A cardiac rhythm in which each normal beat is followed by an abnormal one.
- Additionally, spontaneous rhythms, sustained bigeminies, paroxysmal tachycardias and other tachyarrhythmias were also observed in the different experiment.
- Ventricular fibrillation and bigeminy also occur.
- A previous work-up had discovered frequent premature ventricular complexes and runs of bigeminy on a Holter monitor examination.
- Example sentences
- In this example, each normal beat is followed by a premature ventricular contraction occurring in a bigeminal (every other beat) rhythm.
- Sinus rhythm, with bigeminal premature ventricular contractions, and a ventricular couplet.
- Because the bigeminal episodes are still occurring and I was still concerned, I obtained copies of my holter and event monitor strips.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.