(in full American bighorn sheep)
Definition of bighorn in English:
A stocky brown North American wild sheep, found especially in the Rocky Mountains. Also called mountain sheep.
- Ovis canadensis, family Bovidae
- Wild populations of bighorn mountain sheep are carefully managed in North America for hunters who want a chance to shoot a ram with a trophy set of horns.
- See wildlife such as bison, elk, mountain goats and bighorn sheep.
- You will see playful herds of antelope, moose and elk, bighorn sheep and bounding deer along with a plethora of smaller creatures carrying on their daily tasks unimpeded.
Definition of bighorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan