Definition of Bihari in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Bihar.
- True the Turks and Persians no longer inhabit Delhi, but for UPites, Biharis, Punjabis, Delhi still is asylum……
- On a lighter note Biharis are champion guzzlers of Chyawanprash: they account for 28 per cent of the national consumption.
- The encounter of two Biharis in an American university campus is presented without comment, without judgment or explanation.
2A group of three closely related Indic languages, Bhojpuri, Maithili, and Magahi, spoken principally in Bihar.
- I don't expect Microsoft to localize Outlook for Bihari, Tonga or Swahili anytime soon, but Google is well on its way toward supporting these languages on its main platform.
- I look down on a row of small eateries and pan, bidi, cigarette shops where the sellers and buyers speak Bihari Hindi, not Calcuttas native Bengali.
- This girl has not only managed to speak good Bihari Hindi she also recited a shloka in Hindi with proper intonation and pronunciation.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Bihar, its peoples, or their languages.
- The Katha Executive director, Geeta Dharmarajan, said Tamasha Roadshow was especially concentrating on Rajasthani and Bihari children with the main aim of improving their lives.
- And I know that in Dhaka almost 40% of the barbers are from Bihari camps.
- Also has the distinction of making more of a mess of Bihari politics than previously considered possible.
From Hindi Bihārī.
Definition of Bihari in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.