nounchiefly North American
- A path or lane for the use of bicycles.More example sentences
- Linking 3,729 miles of trafficless trails, paths, and paved bikeways, the route circles the North Sea and passes through eight countries: Scotland, England, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- Bring along bicycles, because the road's bikeways are known as some of the best cycling trails in the country.
- However, there was a change of policy in New Hampshire in the early 1990s, when an integrated package of mobility options was introduced to include buses, railroads, bikeways and pedestrian pathways.
More definitions of bikewayDefinition of bikeway in:
- The British & World English dictionary