- A film two molecules thick (formed, e.g., by lipids), in which each molecule is arranged with its hydrophobic end directed inward toward the opposite side of the film and its hydrophilic end directed outward.More example sentences
- Several studies examined the incorporation of proteins or large molecules into lipid bilayers.
- This comparison suggests that the cholesterol crystalline film is three bilayers thick.
- Planar bilayers of lipid molecules are aggregates formed by two frustrated monolayers.
More definitions of bilayerDefinition of bilayer in:
- The British & World English dictionary