Definition of bill of fare in English:
- Christmas Partying in the town: Most hotels and restaurants in the town have put on show their Christmas bill of fare and by all accounts places are being whipped up, so if you haven't already booked get ‘cracking’.
- ‘Weeeell, OK then,’ he says, rubbing his hands together in satirical, Starvin'-Marvin glee, before refocusing on the outrageous bill of fare.
- A similar story, perhaps apochryphal, is told about a prominent QC who breezed into the bar demanding the bill of fare and was promptly led out into the street, whereupon he was asked by Ross to read the pub sign.
1.1 informal The selection of food available to or consumed by (a person or animal): our bill of fare in Alaska included clams, mussels, and herring
More example sentences
- The market is almost predominantly from the locale, but people have travelled from as far away as Carrick On Shannon, Sligo and Longford to sample the delights of a highly extensive bill of fare.
- That is the Easter Sunday bill of fare in Dr. Cullen Park and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to fathom that followers of the purple and gold will be the better able to relish their festive eggs.
- There are nine items on the Christmas lunch bill of fare.
1.2A program for a theatrical event.
- Let him stay home even when Romeo and Juliet is the bill of fare, pocket the costs of tickets, parking, gas, etc., unplug the phone, pick up a volume of Shakespeare, and simply read the play out loud.
- In his online history of vaudeville, John Kenrick describes the typical bill of fare at major houses.
- The theater. .. played the role that movies played in the first half of the twentieth: it was a kaleidoscopic, democratic institution presenting a widely varying bill of fare to all classes and socioeconomic groups. ..
Definition of bill of fare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan