Definition of bill of goods in English:
sell someone a bill of goods
- North American Deceive someone, usually by persuading them to accept something untrue or undesirable: she was sold a bill of goods about that dog’s pedigreeMore example sentences
- But lest you go getting any notions that we're being sold an old disorder with a new name and a brand-new (now prescription) bill of goods, think again.
- Consumers seeking relief from phone hucksters shouldn't be sold a bill of goods by their government.
- I picture the churlish store employees who sold me this bill of goods in the first place, bellyaching about being at work, glancing at the ringing phone in irritation, then disgust, then amusement as they willfully ignore it.
Definition of bill of goods in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.