noun• historical or North American
- A written accusation as presented to a grand jury.More example sentences
- Bellamy is especially good at clarifying the various methods - individual appeal, jury presentment, or bills of indictment - by which accusations were lodged against suspected felons,
- (a) where the original proceedings were stayed by the Crown Court, by preferring a bill of indictment;
- (b) no application for leave to prefer a bill of indictment shall be made by him without the leave of the High Court.
More definitions of bill of indictmentDefinition of bill of indictment in:
- The British & World English dictionary