- A typically large weevil that feeds on various grasses and grains.
More example sentences
- Genus Sphenophorus, subfamily Rhynchophorinae, family Curculionidae: numerous species, including the maize billbug (S. maidis), which can cause serious damage to corn plants and can harm or kill poultry by clamping onto the bird’s throat or tongue
- The endophytes make Turf Alive! lawns invulnerable to webworms, billbugs, armyworms, cutworms, aphids and some weevils.
- If oblong holes in the leaves are detected and the pest is not found, the damage is probably from billbugs.
- As its name implies, Cruiser Extreme Pak BB / CRW has a higher insecticide rate, which adds control of billbug and corn rootworm.