- 1A smooth rectangular cloth-covered table used for billiards and some forms of pool, with six pockets at the corners and sides into which the balls can be struck.More example sentences
- A billiard ball sitting on a billiard table needs to be struck in such a way to simultaneously reduce the risk of a rival scoring from it, and maximise the score available, for instance by potting it into a pocket.
- It's not even the rainy season - or what we used to qualify as the rainy season, as if we knew anything about it in the first place - but the storms are stacked up out over the Pacific like pool balls on a billiard table and not a pocket in sight.
- What could be more deterministic than the motion of billiard balls on a billiard table?
- 1.1A table similar to a billiard table but without pockets used for playing carom billiards.More example sentences
- True billiard tables are a work of art and do not possess pockets.
More definitions of billiard tableDefinition of billiard table in:
- The British & World English dictionary