nounchiefly South African
- Lean meat that is salted and dried in strips.More example sentences
- This colourful Edinburgh deli is the place to come for South African delicacies such as biltong and boerewors sausages.
- I stocked up on beer and biltong (strips of dried meat), but didn't tarry.
- Parma ham, biltong, smoked salmon, even sun dried tomato my mouth is watering already.
Afrikaans, from Dutch bil 'buttock' + tong 'tongue'.
More definitions of biltongDefinition of biltong in:
- The British & World English dictionary