- A temperature-sensitive electrical contact used in some thermostats, consisting of two bands of different metals joined face to face along their lengths. When heated, the metals expand at different rates, causing the strip to bend.More example sentences
- Where no great accuracy is needed, a bimetallic strip thermometer is often used.
- As a room warms up or cools down, the bimetallic strip in the thermostat bends one way or the other.
- Use the heat gun to heat the bimetallic strip of the thermometer and note the effect on the pointer.
More definitions of bimetallic stripDefinition of bimetallic strip in:
- The British & World English dictionary