1A system for coding a number in which each digit of a decimal number is represented individually by its binary equivalent.
- Naturally, it would be easy to design a special circuit for the binary coded decimal arithmetic.
- We have many types of switch products that provide binary coded decimal output available.
- The name of any data type stored and manipulated in decimal digits at the binary level is binary coded decimal or BCD for short.
1.1A number represented as a binary coded decimal.
- This is illustrated in FIG.1 wherein six digits of binary coded decimals are recorded for a specific frame.
- In its 1972 Gottschalk v. Benson decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that an innovative method for transforming binary coded decimals into pure binary form could not be patented, even
- When John wrote 1,900 years ago, he did not know anything about the binary number system, computers, or why computers would require binary coded decimals.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bi·na·ry cod·ed dec·i·mal
Definition of binary coded decimal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.