- 1A system in which information can be expressed by combinations of the digits 0 and 1.More example sentences
- The binary system which governs information technology is one of the most ancient staples of ornamental practice, as is the mode of visual generation by pixels in mosaic and weaving.
- In fact, virtually any information can be stored in a binary system as a code. Complex graphics, speech, and even live broadcasts can be generated and stored by computers.
- More importantly for this example, though, it is a binary system, just as a computer system is.
- 2A system consisting of two parts: the binary system of state and public schoolsMore example sentences
- More and more influenced by the Movement, Clare comes to see the U.S. binary system of racial classification as a condition of possibility.
- Transphobia is the irrational fear and hatred of people who transgress conventional gender and sex rules in the socially constructed binary system of gender.
- The tendency to acknowledge such familial relationships produced a tertiary rather than binary system of racial classification in Louisiana and other French possessions.
- 2.1 Astronomy A star system containing two stars orbiting around each other.More example sentences
- Neutron stars such as IGR J16283-4838 are often part of binary systems, orbiting a normal star.
- Some white dwarfs are in binary systems, that means they are in orbit around another star.
- The explosions of low-mass stars can be triggered by the accretion of mass from a companion star in a binary system to create classical, or Type Ia, supernovae.
More definitions of binary systemDefinition of binary system in:
- The British & World English dictionary