Definition of bindi-eye in English:
A small perennial Australian plant of the daisy family that has a burlike fruit.
- Calotis cuneifolia, family Compositae
- It should be, when a patch of bindi-eye would pose a bigger threat than the Hastings defence.
- The bitumen melted on the road outside and stuck to our thongs - it was the first summer I remember I actually chose to wear shoes - even the bindi-eyes burnt through your calluses.
- Despite last night's rain, the coarse grass, infested with patches of burrs and bindi-eyes, crunched under her sandaled feet, the wetness flicking up on her legs, itching her skin.
Early 20th century: perhaps from an Aboriginal language.
Words that rhyme with bindi-eyeleylandii • radii • nuclei
Definition of bindi-eye in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan