Definition of bindweed in English:
1A twining plant with trumpet-shaped flowers. Several kinds are invasive weeds.
- Genera Convolvulus and Calystegia, family Convolvulaceae: several species, including the widespread hedge bindweed (or wild morning glory) (Calystegia (or Convolvulus) sepium)
- These so-called host plants include many broadleaf weeds and cover crops such as nettles, mallow, chicory, dandelion, thistles, bindweed, deadly nightshade, and many clovers.
- Docken, like dandelion, nettle, ground elder, bindweed and couch-grass belongs to that troublesome group of wild flowers called perennial weeds.
- The list of weed species includes: morninglory, bindweed, buckwheat, Pennsylvania smartweed, Venice mallow, sweet clover, velvetleaf, lamb's quarters, and nightshade.
Definition of bindweed in:
- British & World English dictionary