noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of acoustics concerned with sounds produced by or affecting living organisms, especially as relating to communication.More example sentences
- In 1997 Canadas and Sagarminaga expanded into bioacoustics, using a hydrophone - an underwater microphone - to study dolphin communication.
- Sonar technology, bioacoustics science to be used to detect manatees, alert boaters.
- Somewhere along the line, I fell in with the charismatic megafauna, and now I work on the physiology, bioenergetics, behavior, and bioacoustics of marine mammals.
More definitions of bioacousticsDefinition of bioacoustics in:
- The British & World English dictionary