Definition of bioadhesive in English:
An adhesive substance produced by or obtained from living organisms, or used on living tissue.
- At the moment, there is a significant need of a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical procedures.
- As well, the porous nature of the exudate allows for the wound to breathe, a desirable characteristic of a bioadhesive.
- All marine bioadhesives characterized thus far are rich in such polar residues.
adjectiveBack to top
Having the properties of a bioadhesive: bioadhesive polymers
More example sentences
- In other words, chitosan is bioadhesive and readily binds to negatively charged surfaces such as mucosal membranes.
- A bioadhesive tablet containing the antifungal drug miconazole is an effective and convenient means of treating oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- We found that the daily bioadhesive buccal tablet achieved the same efficacy as the gel, but required one-tenth as much miconazole, and could be given on a much more convenient schedule.
Definition of bioadhesive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.