Definition of biochemistry in English:
1The branch of science concerned with the chemical and physicochemical processes that occur within living organisms.
- Interdisciplinary sciences such as biochemistry and social psychology would also have to be included.
- This does not mean, however, that chemistry, biochemistry or atomic physics are in some way giving us a false picture of reality.
- To achieve this aim it draws on biology, biochemistry, engineering, mathematics and computer science.
1.1Biochemical processes: abnormal brain biochemistry
More example sentences
- The physiotypes are physiological life forms as delineated by comparative physiology, biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology.
- Such errors are not surprising, given the many differences that exist between species in terms of their anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and metabolism.
- Despite the far-ranging scope of earlier work, aspects of germination and conversion physiology, and biochemistry in somatic embryos remain unexplored.
- Example sentences
- Waste in landfills decays in physical, chemical, and biochemical processes that may eventually render it environmentally harmless.
- All other biochemical parameters were processed within the hospital's laboratory routine service.
- Together, these two processes constitute metabolism, the sum of the biochemical processes in an organism.
- Example sentences
- Scientists have known for some time that plants were able to respond biochemically to a wide range of environmental stimuli.
- These endorphins are biochemically responsible for the pleasurable aspects of social interactions and social affect, and are related to attachment.
- Patients with biochemically severe hypothyroidism may present with only mild clinical manifestations, whereas some patients with moderate changes in thyroid hormones may present with severe signs of tissue hypothyroidism.
Words that rhyme with biochemistrychemistry, photochemistry
Definition of biochemistry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan