- 1The design and construction of computers using biochemical components.More example sentences
- Biocomputing is an interdisciplinary research area which links biology, computer science and engineering.
- He currently works for European Molecular Biological Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, in the area of biocomputing.
- They are difficult creatures to grow in a lab, so being able to collect them from the ocean helps his research - research that one day could allow for such ‘natural batteries’ to be incorporated into biocomputing functions.
- 1.1An approach to programming that seeks to emulate or model biological processes.More example sentences
- With this interpretation of biocomputing the complicated ethical questions connected with concepts like artificial life and intelligence are not dealt with.
- A bevy of activity in biocomputing is concerned with the formal representation and reasoning about biological pathways.
- Research areas include: adaptive agent simulation; adaptive computation; biocomputing; and social networks modeling.
- 1.2Computing in a biological context or environment.More example sentences
- Even the name of the field varies: Bioinformatics, theoretical biology, biocomputing, or computational biology are just a few of the terms used.
- The book is an essential source of ideas, discoveries and references for academics in biocomputing, bioinformatics researchers and computer scientists.
- An expert in computational biology is moving to Canada to take up a new chair in biocomputing, specializing in bioinformatics, at Wilfrid Laurier University.
More definitions of biocomputingDefinition of biocomputing in:
- The British & World English dictionary