Definition of bioelectronics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The study and application of electronics in medicine and biological processes.
- The development of DNA detection by electronic amplification is expected to be critical to the field of bioelectronics and have applications in the computing, gene analysis, tissue matching, and forensic fields.
- While biomedical and life sciences applications accounted for 99% of the biosensor and other bioelectronics market in 2003, their marketshare is projected to slip slightly to 97% by 2009.
- Future applications of bioelectronic systems may include computation devices and prosthetic units.
2The integration of biological principles in electronic technology: the impact of bioelectronics on computer hardware
More example sentences
- Waguih Ishak, director of communications and optics research at Agilent Technologies (Palo Alto, CA), sees the growing number of elderly people and advances in nanotechnology and bioelectronics as driving forces for photonics.
- Current breakthroughs in nanotechnology promise significant advances in bioelectronics.
- A recent application of bioelectronics is the design of systems that use organic molecules to form electronic circuit elements that detect and quantify target molecules.
- Example sentences
- Recent advances in bioelectronic and biomechanical devices have also substantially improved the chances of restoring to wounded soldiers the nearly full use of damaged limbs and organs.
- The electrical sheet resistance between living cells grown on planar electronic contacts of semiconductors or metals is a crucial parameter for bioelectronic devices.
- These bioelectronic materials can then be surgically implanted or ‘grown’ through genetic engineering.
- Example sentences
- This special unit produces bioelectronically pure, alkaline water excellent for internal use, and acid water for skin care and sterilization of bacteria etc.
- The purpose - as they, the physician, and the technicians handling arrangements were told - was to monitor bioelectronically the healing process, which would not involve any sensory cues as to its occurrence.
- Portable Gold and Philosophers’ Stones II a portable, bioelectronically controlled, electronic sound instrument for museum installation commissioned by the Medtronic Archive, Museum of Electricity and Life, Minneapolis
Definition of bioelectronics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan