- A fuel derived directly from living matter.More example sentences
- In New Zealand, vehicle emissions contribute more than 16 percent of our total greenhouse gas emissions, so replacing even a few percent of fossil fuels with biofuels would help our emission levels.
- An EU Commission action plan on alternative fuels for transport identifies biofuels as the most realistic substitute for conventional petrol and diesel in the short term.
- Tackling climate change - for example, substituting five per cent of fossil fuels with biofuels could lead to around one million tonnes of carbon saving by 2010.
More definitions of biofuelDefinition of biofuel in:
- The British & World English dictionary