- Synthetic or natural material suitable for use in constructing artificial organs and prostheses or to replace bone or tissue.More example sentences
- Various tissue-engineering approaches were developed using natural or synthetic biomaterials as scaffolds for cell growth.
- The enterprise body also aims to concentrate on emerging areas such as biomaterials (material used in medical devices) and bioinformatics (using computers to process biological data such as the human genome).
- This information would provide insight into the mechanisms of cell migration and could also guide the design of biomaterials that interact with tissue cells.
More definitions of biomaterialDefinition of biomaterial in:
- The British & World English dictionary