- A large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna occupying a major habitat, e.g., forest or tundra.More example sentences
- What about selection among communities, ecosystems, biomes, planets, star systems, galaxies?
- The researcher expects to describe or recognize distinct biological populations when sampling is over distinct environments, habitats, biomes, or faunal assemblages.
- Explore earth science by picking and studying a specific biome: tundra, taiga, forest, grassland, or desert.
More definitions of biomeDefinition of biome in:
- The British & World English dictionary